SVN rev: 37274 Core version: 1.15.18.0 Learn and Fun: Exercises for be going to or will?

Jumat, 29 Maret 2013

Exercises for be going to or will?


be going to or will? (A)

Complete the replies. Use be going to or will with the verbs.
§  Oh, you’ve got a ticket for the play. ~ Yes, I’m going to see it on Friday.              
§  The phone’s ringing. ~ OK, I’ll answer it.
1.      Did you buy this book? ~ No, Nancy did. She………………………………………..it on holiday.
2.      Tea or coffee? ~  I………………………………………..coffee, please.
3.      I’m going to miss this film on TV because I’ll be out tonight. ~Well,
I………………………………………..it on the video, then.

4.      I’m just going to the newsagent’s for a paper. ~What newspaper………………………………………..
?
5.      Can you meet me at seven? ~ I might be a bit late. ~ That’s alright.
I………………………………………..for you.

§  see                               1. read             3. record                      5. wait
§  answer                         2. have             4. you buy

be going to or will? (A,B)

Complete the conversation. Decide which is best for the context, be going to or will.
 Anita:  What about your plant, Carlo? Are you going to return home after the exam?
 Carlo:  I expect I’ll go back home at some time in the future, but first
            I1………………………………….six month in the USA.
 Anita:  Oh, that2………………………………….. interesting.
 Carlo:  I’ve fixed up a job. I3………………………………… for a
            chemical company in California. I’m looking forward to it. I’m
            sure it4…………………………………………good experience.
 Anita:  I don’t know what I5……………………………….. At the
           moment I’m trying to revise for the exams. But I don’t know
           enough. I6…………………………………………               
 Carlo:  I’m sure you7………………………………………………. 

§  go                    2. be                            4. be                6. fail
1. spend                 3. work                        5. do                7. not fail

be going to or will? (A,B)

Complete the news report. Decide which is best for the context, be going to or will.
Sometimes either is possible.

            We have learnt this week that Brimley Town Council has plans for Westside Park. The Council is going to sell the land to a builder, A. Forbes and Son. ‘The plans are all ready. We1…………………………….fifty hauses, ‘said Mr Forbes. ‘in two years everything 2……………………………finished. I’m sure people3………………………the houses. Some of them4…………………………….for young families. ‘But people living near the park are angry. ‘This is a terrible idea. We’re against it. We5………………………………..a protest march on Saturday, ‘said Mrs Alice Marsh, ‘I expect everyone in Brimley6……………………there. We want to make our intentions clear. We7………………………………………….this plan.’

§  seil                   2. be                4. be                6.be
1. build                        3. like              5. have             7. stop

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar