be going to (A)
Add
a sentence. Use the verbs in brackets.
§ (wash) Martin’s
sweater is dirty. He’s going to wash it.
1. (read) Mike has
just bought a magazine.
2.
(fry)
I’ve decided to eat these eggs.
3.
(sell)
Mary doesn’t need the sofa.
4. (correct) My
work has several mistakes in it.
5. (accept) Someone
has offered Carol a job.
be
going to (A)
Put in the verbs. Use be going to.
Julia: Oh, you’ve got the lawn-mower. Good.
It’s time you cut the grass.
Paul: I
‘m not going to cut it now. I 1
’ m going to take the mower round to
Steve’s house. He 2 is going
to borrow it for a couple of days. His mower has broken down.
Julia: 3
Is he going to move his lawn today?
Paul: I
don’t know. I expect so.
Julia: I
just hope it 4
choose the right one:
1. take 2. borrow 3. he move 4. not rain
was/were
going to (B)
Complete the sentence. Use was/were
going to and these verbs: drive, get, go, pick, see.
§ The train left
just as Harold was going to get on it.
1.
The
shop closed just as I…………………………..in it.
2.
The
phone stopped ringing just as I…………………………..it up.
3.
We
went to the cinema, where we…………………………..a film about the Mafia, but it was so
popular we couldn’t get in.
4.
Bob
had trouble parking. A car took the last place in the car park just when he…………………………..into
it.
will
and won’t (C)
Use the notes to write predictions about
the world fifty years from now.
§ there- be-
twice- as many people There will be twice as many people.
1.
the
world- have- one government The
world will…………….
2.
there-
not be- any wars…………….
3.
computer-
decide- our future…………….
4.
everyone-have-
a personal robot…………….
5.
there-
not be- any oil left…………….
people- travel- to
other planets…………….
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar