SVN rev: 37274 Core version: 1.15.18.0 Learn and Fun: be going to and will

Kamis, 28 Maret 2013

be going to and will


A.      Be going to in the present

Look at the examples:
I’m going to watch this next programme.           I am going to watch
We’re going to meet at the station.                      You/we/they are going to watch
When are you going to pay this bill?                    He/she/it is going to watch
Is it going to rain?
I hope she isn’t going to fall.

      We use be going to for the future. I’m going to watch a programme means that I intend now to watch a programme in the future.
     
      We can use be going to with the verb go: I’m going to go out later. But the present continous is more usual: I’m going out later.

A.      Was/were going to
       
        We can use be going to in the past tense:
              I was going to tidy the flat, but I didn’t have time.
              Time wasn’t going to spend any more money, but he saw a pair of trousers he just had to buy.
              The girls left early. They were going to catch the eight o’clock train.
        I was going to tidy the flat means that I intended in the past to tidy the flat. Often the action does not really happen. (in fact I did not tidy the flat. I didn’t have time.)

        Look at this example with just as:
              The woman walked away just as I was going to speak to her. (just as=at the moment when)

C.  Will

        The form is will (OR’ll):
              The West will have rain tomorrow.                I will be at home this evening.
              You’ll be late if you don’t hurry.                    The world will end in the year 2050
              We’ll know soon.                                            I’m sure you’ll enjoy the show.

        The negative is will not or won’t:
              The cast will not be more than 50 euro.               I won’t stay long

        We use will for the future, for what we think will happen.

D.  Shall
       
        We can use shall for the future, but only in the first person:
              I will be (OR I shall be) on holiday in August.
              We will be (OR We shall be) pleased to help you.

        But NOT: Kelly shall be on Holiday in August.


Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar