SVN rev: 37274 Core version: 1.15.18.0 Learn and Fun: Exercise 2 - Past Continuous and Simple

Sabtu, 05 Januari 2013

Exercise 2 - Past Continuous and Simple


The past continuous (A)

Complete the conversation. Put in a past continuous form of the verb on the right.
Jeremy : I’m afraid I’ve broken this dish.
Sue        : Oh no! What (1) ……………………………………………………………..?
Jeremy : I (2) ………………………………………………………… it into the dining-room. I bumped into Emma. She (3) ………………………………… out just as I (4) ………………………………. In.
Sue        : it was your fault. You (5) ………………………………. You (6) …………………………….. where you (7) ………..……………………….
1.       You do
2.       Take
3.       Come
4.       Go
5.       Dream
6.       Not look
7.       go


Past continuous or simple?

Put in the past continuous or past simple.
Kim: I hear the lights …went…out… last night.
Charles: Yes, I …was…watching… television at the time. The programme (1)………………. Interesting, too. But the electricity (2)…………………. On again after about ten minutes. I (3)……………….. very much of it.
Angela: Sarah (4)………………… down the stairs when the lights went out. She almost (5)………………….. over.
Jessica: Tom and I (6)…………………….. table tennis at the time.
Peter: I (7)……………………….. at my computer. When it (8)………………………., I (9)…………………….. work and (10)………………………. To bed.
·  Go
·  Watch
1.    Get
2.    Come
3.    Not miss
4.    Come
5.    Fall
6.    Play
7.    Work
8.    Happen
9.    Stop
10.go

Past continuous or simple? (B)

Find the second part of each sentence. Put each verb in brackets into the past continuous or past simple.
·      I (dream)
·      When Mary (see) the question
1.    The train (wait)
2.    Ella (have) a puncture
3.    When I (try) the pudding,
4.    When Karen (lift) the chair,
5.    When the gates (open),
6.    I (read) a library book
She (feel) a sudden pain in her back.
When she (drive) on the motorway.
When I (find) a £10 note between two page
The crowd (walk) in.
She (know) the answer.
When the alarm clock (ring).
I (like) it.
When we (arrive) at the station.

Answer:
·         I was dreaming when the alarm clock rang.
·         When Mary saw the question, she knew the answer.
1.       ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
2.       ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
3.       ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
4.       ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
5.       ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
6.       ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar